Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Knowing what the bass are feeding on is very important to your lure selection.  Here is a little trick to tell what the bass are feeding on: look at their top lip.  When they are feeding on crawfish, their top lip is red, and their eyes pointing down. If they do not have that, the odds are that they are feeding on shad or other food sources. I was fishing at a  pond with an inline spinner, and the bass were feeding on crawfish. So were the bluegill and crappie. The bluegill were so red, they were almost purple! I even caught a pink crappie! So, I started throwing a chunk on a jighead, and worked on the bottom, and caught my second biggest one of the day, and a couple smaller ones(bass). My friend caught three of them(bass) in 15 minutes! Knowing what they are feeding on can make the difference between fishing and catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment